ROGAINE & VOLTAREN
for the Notice emailed to Pharmacy Managers
NOVEMBER 1st DEADLINE - PHARMACY PERMIT RENEWAL
REFERENCE MANUAL/LEGISLATION UPDATES
- Amend Schedule I to read: Diclofenac or its salts including (but not limited to): diclofenac diethylamine, diclofenac sodium, diclofenac potassium, except when sold as a single medicinal ingredient for topical use on the skin in a concentration equivalent to 2% or less of diclofenac for not more than 7 days.
- Amend Schedule II to add in alphabetical order: Diclofenac diethylamine when sold as a single medicinal ingredient for topical use on the skin for not more than 7 days - in concentrations greater than 1.16% and less than or equal to 2.32% - in package sizes containing greater than 2.6g of diclofenac diethylamine
- Amend Schedule I to delete the current listing for minoxidil and replace with: Minoxidil except when sold in preparations for topical use in concentrations of 5% or less
- Amend Schedule I to read: Omeprazole or its salts EXCEPT when sold for the 14-day treatment for frequent heartburn at a daily dose of 20mg, in package sizes of no more than 280mg of omeprazole
- Amend Schedule II to add in alphabetical order: Omeprazole or its salts when sold for the 14-day treatment for frequent heartburn at a daily dose of 20mg, in package sizes of no more than 280mg of omeprazole
Regulatory Bylaw Amendment-Effective Sept 5/14
The following section 23(2)(c)ii was Deleted:
(ii) except as provided in paragraph (d) or sub-section (10), within the limitations of the Pharmaceutical Information Program, record, or cause to be recorded, the prescription(s) in the Pharmaceutical Information Program, as soon as reasonably possible.
This amendment requires that the pharmacist provide the Pharmacist Assessment Record (PAR) to the primary practitioner, but no longer requires pharmacists to record your prescriptions in the Pharmaceutical Information Program (PIP).
Professional Competencies for Cdn Pharmacists at Entry to Practice
Professional Competencies for Cdn Technicians at Entry to Practice
Exempted Codeine Products - For the Consumer
Exempted Codeine Products - Tools for the Pharmacist
NEW EBOLA/Viral haemorrhagic fever documents
now available in the Reference Manual
Ebola Guidelines for Primary Care Providers
Ebola VHF Flow Map Community
Ebola Virus Disease Assessment Form
GABAPENTIN - Gabentin Information-LINK
Gabapentin is monitored by the Prescription Review Program. Refer to S 18.1 of the Regulatory Bylaws of the College of Physicians & Surgeons (CPSS) http://www.quadrant.net/cpss/pdf/CPSS_Regulatory_Bylaws.pdf . All prescriptions for gabapentin must contain the required information of the program and bylaws.